Hello Briggs!: Last full day with Briggs

Friday, April 30, 2010

Last full day with Briggs

Today (Friday) was/is our last full day with Briggs on this trip. The week has flown by pretty quickly, which makes leaving pretty hard. The thought of dropping Briggs off at the orphanage tomorrow is both surreal and depressing. To be honest, I've tried to just not think about it.

We had a fairly low-key day. Skyped our families, had lunch at the same local place for the third time, and cruised around with Briggs in a sling (Kerci did, I just followed with diaper bag in tow). Following all of this, Kerci got some type of Taiwanese foot massage. It apparently hurt so bad that Kerci got back to the hotel room and went Googled "Taiwanese foot massage +pain" to see if the pain she had felt was normal (it was).

Post massage, we threw ridiculous clothing on Briggs and took pictures. Yes, we were the people who bought the baby seersucker jacket and blue boat shoes. I mean, come on....those pics are awesome. And I'm sure the orphanage will make good use of these clothes again this summer on their weekly yachting and polo trips. All in all, best $12 I've spent in months.

OK, off to bed.

PS. Let's be clear, I basically wrote this entire update just to post these pictures. I'm undecided if I find this weird.

3 comments:

  1. omg. not weird. cutest ever.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You know Scott and Kerci although we think the pictures are cute, and they are, Briggs may not think so someday. :) Welcome home and hopefully Briggs will follow shortly.
    Love
    Aunt Saundra

    ReplyDelete
  3. Briggs looks a little gangsterous in that last picture... you know, long shorts and all.

    ReplyDelete