Hello Briggs!: Happy 1 month birthday, Briggs

Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Happy 1 month birthday, Briggs

Thanks to jet lag, I woke up at 4am today and Scott got up a couple hours later. Briggs, however, decided to sleep in so we hung around the hotel room for most of the morning and Briggs met Uncle Kevin and Uncle Lee via Skype.

We didn't have any appointments scheduled for today so we decided to venture to the Dream Mall, which is the second largest mall in Asia (or something like that). Despite the fact that it has 2,300 stores and a Ferris wheel on the roof, Briggs was unimpressed and slept the entire time.

Scott and I were exhausted by the afternoon so we headed home to nap. Briggs was uninterested in this plan.

Briggs is 1 month old today and our translator told us people celebrate the occasion with cake. We decided donuts qualify as cake and used this as an excuse to go to Mister Donut, which everyone says has the best Japanese donuts. I could have sworn there was a Mister Donut in Rhode Island and that it wasn't Japanese but I might be making that up. We picked up an assortment of Taiwan beer to go with the donuts and called it dinner. Maybe we should go the gym tomorrow...

4 comments:

  1. I cannot think of a better way to celebrate a one month birthday than donuts and beer! Happy Birthday Briggs. So adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  2. He's so tiny and cute! Great family pic.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You both look like natural parents holding Briggs! What an amazing time for both of you and how lucky this little guy is! He is so adorable!
    Love you both
    Aunt Saundra

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Birthday, Briggs! No offense to other babies out there but I'm pretty sure from these photos that Briggs is the cutest one in the whole world. The posts are wonderful to read - the how-to you tube video troubles is classic!

    ReplyDelete